Village Homes has a tennis court available for residents.
Tennis Court Rules
- Tennis court hours are from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM every day of the week. Smoking is prohibited on the court.
- The court is to be used primarily by Village Homes residents. Guests are allowed on the court only when accompanied by members.
- Anyone straying onto a court in use by another party will be required to leave the tennis court. The courts may only be used for playing tennis.
- A family name may appear on the sign-up sheet for two (2) non-consecutive hours per day. No group may sign up for play more than two (2) hours consecutively when the Tennis Committee may schedule tournaments which are open to homeowners who wish to participate on a first come, first served basis, due to court limitations. These tournaments will be noted in the Village Voice when scheduled. After 6:00 PM the family name may appear on the sign-up roster only three (3) times per week.
- Reservations are to be made not more than two (2) days in advance of play. Reservations may be made Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Please go to the tennis court and sign up yourself on the reservation sign-up sheet that will be in the tennis court box at all other times. Sign-up reservations may not be made before 8:00 AM or after 10:00 PM on any day prior to play. As a courtesy, if you have reserved the time and cannot play, please cancel your name in a timely manner so that others may sign up to play.
- Only tennis shoes and proper tennis attire may be worn on the tennis court. Skateboarding, rollerblading, scooter and bicycle riding on the courts are strictly prohibited.
- Members observing violations of the Tennis Rules should make a report to the Clubhouse Office, in writing, with the reporting member’s signature, in order for play penalties and privilege suspension to be enforced.
- If a player group is 15 minutes late the time scheduled is forfeited. Members who wish to play at that time may do so.
- All players should be courteous and follow proper etiquette when entering and leaving the court. Please make sure to close the tennis court gates because it will help alleviate damage to the court. Also, please do not slam the gate since the force of closing may cause damage to the gate and the hinges.
- At no time, under any circumstances, are tennis lessons to be given to non-residents of Village Homes. Private lessons may be given to residents provided the name of the homeowner taking the lessons appears on the tennis sign-up sheet and the word “lesson” is printed below the name. All names are to be last names only. A tennis instructor cannot sign the reservation sign-up sheet for the pupil.